- FLEXnet licensing tools
Before downloading Open Inventor 10.5.3, please read the release notes to find out what's new and check the system requirements.
Warning : This version of Open Inventor requires FLEXnet tools v11.16.2. Please be sure to upgrade both server and client sides before trying to use Open Inventor.
For Windows, we provide the SDK as both an executable installer ('EXE' link) and a simple ZIP file. If this is the first time you are installing Open Inventor, for example evaluation or new customer, then we recommend clicking the EXE link. The installer will automatically set the environment variables that you need to build and run Open Inventor applications. Current customers can also use this link, but may wish to download and unpack the .zip file to avoid changing their current environment. If you download the .zip file, you will need to set up your build environment yourself. In any case, please read the document Windows installation procedure.
Note: If you are using Visual Studio 2019, download the appropriate (C++ or .NET) Open Inventor Visual Studio 2017 installer.
|.NET (Follow the installation procedure)
| Open Inventor .NET 10.5.3 Visual Studio 2017 (.NET 4.7.1)
||EXE | ZIP
| Open Inventor .NET 10.5.3 Visual Studio 2015 (.NET 4.6.1)
||EXE | ZIP
* The Headless package provides an implementation of Open Inventor specifically for "headless" server machines. It uses the EGL library, instead of GLX, allowing Open Inventor RemoteViz services to be deployed and run without an X Server (X11). Compared to the standard package, there are some limitations:
- Classical viewer classes are not provided.
- RemoteViz viewer components must be used.
- Standard example programs, except for RemoteViz, are not provided.
- If you need examples for Open Inventor, VolumeViz, etc. please also download the standard SDK package.
- The DialogViz extension is not provided.
FLEXnet licensing tools
You will find below the download links for the FLEXnet licensing tools for all available platforms. They are necessary only if you want to install a FLEXnet floating license server on a platform with a different OS than the one running your Open Inventor application. For example, deploying Open Inventor on Windows 7 with a FLEXnet license server on a Linux server.
|FLEXnet tools 11.16.2 for Windows
|FLEXnet tools 11.16.2 for Linux gcc7
|FLEXnet tools 11.16.2 for Linux gcc48
Read the licensing documentation